After studying German language and literature, history, sociology and education at the CAU in Kiel (1st and 2nd Staatsexamen for secondary teaching) and artistic film studies at the Hochschule für bildende Künste in Hamburg (diploma), Quinka Stoehr works as a freelance film author for public television and has made numerous documentaries for cinema and television.
She has been teaching " Motion Picture " for many years at the Muthesius Academy of Fine Arts in Kiel, where she held a qualifying scholarship from the state of Schleswig-Holstein for teaching and artistic research from 2001 to 2004.
From 2011 to 2017, Quinka Stoehr taught German, German as a foreign language, history and film as a test subject at a high school. She has realized several (intercultural) film, theater, and art projects with students and refugees in the context of project lessons, which have received numerous state and national awards (School Award of the German President, Sustainability Award of the State of Schleswig-Holstein, etc.).
Since winter 2015, Quinka Stoehr has been working as a research assistant at the Institute for Language, Literature and Media at the Europa University of Flensburg, initially in the model project "Personality Development through Creative Rehearsals ". She teaches film and film education at the Seminar for German Studies. In 2019 she received the teaching award of the Europa-University Flensburg for innovative teaching.
Key areas of work
- Film in Theory and Practice
- Direct Cinema und andere dokumentarische Formen
- Poetry and Film
- Film in Schools
- School Projects
- Intercultural Education
- International Festival of Latin American Film, Havana, Cuba
- Film- and Video festival San José, Costa Rica
- International documentaryfilmsymposium Riga
- International Film- and Art festival ilooo(o)cchie, Triest
- International documentary film festival Stettin
- International Festival for Documentary- und Animated film, Leipzig
- International Dokumentary film festival München
- Duisburg Film Week
- Art Film Schwerin
- Freiburg Video festival
- Documentary film festival Kassel
- Nordic Film Days Lübeck
- International Film Festival Hamburg
- International Women's film festival Dortmund/Cologne
- Blicke, Ruhr Area Festival
- Location East Germany, Poel
- as well as several Goethe-Institute festivals in Latin America
Awards for project work with students
Sustainability Award of the State of Schleswig-Holstein awarded by the Ministry of Energy Reform, Agriculture, Environment and Rural Areas for the conception and implementation of intercultural film/theater/art projects at Holstenschule Neumünster
Winner of the federal competition Kultur macht Schule 2014 (Mixed Up) by the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth for the film/arts/theater project Kofferpacken, award ceremony in Berlin in September 2014 with minister Manuela Schwesig
Award as European Star Project by the KMK for a Comenius project on the topic of minorities involving schools from Germany, Denmark, Hungary and Austria
A change of perspective finalist for the nationwide competition Kultur macht Schule 2013 (Mixed Up) of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
School Award of the German President "All for one world for all" for Kein Ort. Nirgends?; Award in Berlin at Bellevue Palace by Federal President Joachim Gauck
Professor Miehtke Prize of the Christian Albrechts University of Kiel University Society for a particularly innovative educational project (No place. Nowhere?)
Lecture "Change of Perspective - Intercultural Film Education" in Schools at the conference 'Motion picture/Pictures in motion' at the art history seminar of CAU Kiel.
Lecture Aesthetic Education with Film as a Possibility for Intercultural Dialogue at the Forum for Cultural Education of the Cultural Office Neumünster
Panel participation Interculturality in Cultural Education, event at Sartorius-Speicher Kiel, organizer: Ministry of Justice, Culture and Europe
Member of the award jury of the film festival 22. blicke. film festival of the ruhr area, Bochum
Inclusive intercultural school development in Schleswig-Holstein: No Place. Nowhere? - How the topic 'Flight and Expulsion' gets a face and voice through school media productions, award-winning film with accompanying material, edited by IQSH, Kiel 2013; Quinka Stoehr et al.
No Place. Nowhere?, Quinka Stoehr, Fredo Wulf, pp. 81-91, in: Kunst hoch Schule, Examples for Cooperation Projects of the Muthesius Academy of Fine Arts Kiel with Schools in Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel 2012.
Poesie der Wirklichkeit, curator of a documentary film series at the Stadtgalerie Kiel; discussion leader and moderator
Member of the board for cultural film promotion in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
Lecture and panel participation Lecture on the situation of women in film professions, Arsenal Berlin (invitation by the Federal Ministries of the State of Berlin)
further work/ membership/ Board membership
- since 1998: Founding member 'Dokumentarisch Arbeiten', Hamburg, forum for the discussion of (own) film work with Katja Baumgarten, Rainer Komers, Beate Middeke, Gisela Tuchtenhagen, Klaus Wildenhahn, Fredo Wulf a.o.
- since 1996: Member of the AG-DOK union
- 1995-2000: Member of the board of Kulturelle Filmförderung Schleswig-Holstein e.V.
- 1990: Initiator/founding member Kulturelle Filmförderung Schleswig-Holstein e.V.
- 1990: Foundation of the company 'StoehrMedien' - Film production
- 1988-1992: research associate and management of Zeitzeichen e.V., together with Jens Schmidt
- 1987: foundation of Zeitzeichen e.V., association for politics, history and documentation, history and video workshop for the research of regional history in Kiel, together with Dr. Doris Tillmann, Fredo Wulf, Prof. Dr. Harm-Peer Zimmermann and others.